Saturday, April 10, 2010

What book to read first?

.
In January my boyfriend got a book from the library "The Black Talon", so I started reading it...It wasn't really my type of book- because of the war description, but finally it captured me.

So I wanted the second volume, but when he was at the library he couldn't find it.
He reserve it and in the mean time I started reading another book from the library- "Dune". But, when I wanted to read the second book the "Dune Messiah" - that one also wasn't available.

A colleague from work knowing that I'm a fun of fantasies gave me a book to read "The golden compass" - so I started reading that one. When I finished it - that book really got me at the end - my colleague got me the second volume..."The Subtle Knife".
In the mean time my boyfriend bought for me the collection of Dune, but the thing is that the book we reserved at the library - "The Fire Rose" - second volume from "The Black Talon" is finally free for us.
So, now...I found my self with three books a- around 300-400 pages - second volume from three great fantasies and I don't know which one to read first. The book from the library - I have to give it back in three weeks, the one from my colleague I cannot keep it very long - it's not nice...So, the only one I can put aside is the series of Dune.

Hehe, if I wouldn't go to work or have other things to do I definitely could finish all of them...hm...and the mess in my head- a story from a distant human civilization on a dessert planet; a story with ogres, titans, and elves and one with parallel worlds, witches and destiny. A new fantasy?
I've watched three movies in the same time - but never read three books in the same time...

3 comments:

ScutuStudios.com said...

.. aia de la biblioteca!

Serenia said...

haha!because u have to give it back? and the mess in my head? a new fantasy?

Jolie said...

Well, here's an easy solution: put aside all the books and play the Sims:)) Man, I played for like four hours today. You should post some pictures from the game, too. I want to see=D