Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is repetition the mother of “Hey! I`m here! “ ?

I found my self lately repeating the same answer a few times in a group…
Am I getting old…or is my voice not loud enough to be heard?
And then I’ve noticed that also other people are repeating themselves or they repeat the same message with the same beat. Some others they just ask for it- it’s called politely reminder.
But why do we need repetition in our lives?
Is repetition of words – boring? Or it’s just a wicked game by which the subconscious is provoked to admit a statement?
A Latin proverb says repetitio est mater studiorum (repetition is the mother of learning).
One is letting out a few words and then it is repeating them…in the same context or in another one. The message is released as the words coming from a teacher mouth. Some of the “students” grab the idea…some are missing the points because they are drawing cats, dogs, hearts or cars on the back of their notebook. And then the teacher is screaming at them the same message or it’s asking someone to repeat it.
It’s a normal conversation at the same level as the teaching?
Our mums probably repeated million times to us “Wash your hands before eating” or “Brush your teeth!”- Did we find them annoying?
For sure at a certain point we were all stuffed of hearing same old stories, such as- how Adrian broke his leg while walking on a truck’s wheel. And Adrian was six.
Oh, you did know this one?
Is this a new message? I guess it is for you! So what am I going to do if I want you to get some ideas of this story or if I want you to repeat it to somebody else?
If the released message is not important probably it will be forgotten fast.
Just try to remember quickly – what every one of your friends said the last time you met them! Every single word! Hard? Or at least try to remember that part when you all laugh like crazy! That was so funny- what was all about?
Unless you recorded the moment …probably a lot of “good stuff” are forever lost.
Is like in those relationships where one is saying everyday “I love you” and the other person is just smiling. There are a few options for these things.
The first person it’s trying to get its feelings across, the second is enjoying the message.
After, some time of doing the same thing everyday nothing had changed – the first one it’s still saying “I love you!” and the second it’s smiling.
The first one is frustrated of not getting the message across, the second it’s almost bored of hearing it.
And all of the sudden the first person decides to stop, no more “I love you” every day!
The second fellow waits, but instead of the words it’s just a smile. If the first phase of letting out the message worked well, this person will take some initiative. If no, I have a bad news – after some time in this second phase – the first person will ignore that an “I love you” was released every day and the second will forget that it was ever received.
Got it …or no?
I remember a friend telling me that he would be the first one saying to a girl that he loves her even if it wasn’t really true. I know it is not nice! But this guy got a point- “I`m pretty sure they do not believe me saying this after three dates, but it’s a sweet way of saying –I like you and I want you to love me!”
Are we all trying by our words to influence the other person attitude or are we just trying to get some attention?
“Repetition without attention is unconsummated and unfertilized; without attention repetition is ineffective.“
All this bla bla just to get to this word- attention!
Hm, so we got some point here!
Someone in your group has some crazy good idea – so, be nice, and just pay attention before it is forever lost!Oh, do you remember what I told you about Adrian?

No comments: