Monday, July 18, 2016

I am broken

 I'm broken
 
I've written this verses as a reflection on Emotional Cheating - on which you can read more - here.




Just breath...
Words roll out in my head
I know what you said
I know what I've said
I know how you feel
I know how I feel
And yet, I am broken...



I believed and I trusted
And yet my mind refuses to rest
This is for all sleepless nights
Tonight I choose to be broken.



I've bled long ago for a wound
You inflicted...
I thought it was healed
with no scars
But, there is a sign in my heart
And tonight it is again, bleeding.

I sneaked to your side of the bed
To give you dreamy hugs
and kisses
And your phone was alive
With her image.

I know you are not with her
History deleted...
And yet, tonight
I choose to be bleeding.




It hurts
That you gave her
The world in your eyes
The colors that we once shared
This is...
how we met...
A shopping list,
 it's all that's left...
Yes, tonight I am broken.

It hurts, the time
that we no longer spend
It hurts, the words
that we no longer share
The things I thought
were only mine
Are now shared...

I'm broken.
Just breath!
It will end...
in a way or another...
And then you can rest.


Photo sources: Google Images, except the last one.















No comments: